They did it again!
I logged onto a bank to pay a bill before dinner, and was smacked in the face with yet another revision of, not one, but *two* agreements, which I have to accept before I can pay. One was only two full pages, and I managed to read it and accept it, thinking I was done. Then I hit the other one. Now I have nineteen pages of legal goop to decipher and maybe even understand, before I can do any business. And I know this outfit: they'll time out my login while I'm wading through this swamp of whereases.
This is convenience?
I'm out of time. I should have been in and out in 60 seconds. Now I'm being called for dinner and I've accomplished nothing. I'll print the thing, log off, and read it later. And I'm taking the bill with me, because I'm going to just write a paper check instead. It's faster and easier. :-P
And again I'm wondering why I let myself be suckered into a one-sided contract, which I can't change but the other party can revise as much and as often as they like. I want to think of a way to avoid that, that doesn't mean avoiding all participation in contemporary life. We shouldn't put up with such things. But they all do it, so there's no chance of going down the street for a better deal. Note to businesses everywhere: this is not how you delight customers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment